In a General Tender method of construction the Client hires a Primary Consultant to act on their behalf. The Primary Consultant and their Other Consultants design and produce working drawings and specifications ready for tender. A tender is called and selected General Contractors bid on the project.
Once the tendering process is complete the Primary Consultant and Client review the bids and award the bid to the lowest General Contractor. The awarded General Contractor then carry’s out the construction of the project.
This method provides:
- Competitive bidding from multiple General Contractors.
- Longer project delivery time.
- Design and Drawing phase is completed and paid for before being tendered.
- Client and Primary Consultant award project to the lowest bid .
- Tender projects tend to have more changes through out.