In 1949, George Schiedel established Schiedel Concrete and Steel Farm Construction. Hard work, ingenuity, and resourcefulness allowed the company to expand into a handful of employees, and it quickly became Schiedel Construction Ltd. in 1951. From 1951 to 1975, the company became a leading force in the construction industry of the Waterloo region. We were building churches, schools, and medical facilities. In 1975, the company became involved in the design-build method of construction, which has been very successful for the Schiedel business.